I wish all of you a Happy New Year with tons of book sales. I’m excited to be part of the LadyKillers team. This being my first blog as a member, I decided to be upfront and real about myself.
1) I’m shy
2) Borderline introvert/extrovert
3) Panic stricken about speaking
5) A good friend
I came across the term “realocity,” a word not recognized in the dictionary and a bit tricky to pronounce, but I like it. It means keeping things in perspective and maintaining a balance in your life, in other words, “keeping it real.” However, life itself can toss us hits and misses, keeping us off balance. I had to dig way down deep within myself (scary stuff) but came up with what “keeping it real” means to me. Here’s what I came up with:
1) Know what really matters.
2) Stay true to yourself.
3) Remember your roots. Be proud of where you came from.
4) Don’t lie or pretend. You’ll only dig yourself into a deeper hole.
5) Speak your mind. Ha. This is so not me. I think twice before saying something that might be hurtful. I’ve been on the receiving end and don’t like it.
What does keeping it real mean to you?